Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Señor Stinkypants Walks and Other Happenings

That's right baby! He's a walker now. Sometimes. When he doesn't walk, this is what he does...

Ok, so I really, really suck. I haven't posted in two months and there's been all kinds of stuff happening around here. Xaid now has eight teeth, that's enough to chew up all of his books, and eat some food, too. He can also say "Mama," but only if he decides that he wants to. And he's taught himself what we endearingly refer to as "The Dancy Pants Dance"

Xander has also had lots of stuff going happening. On August 7th, he learned to ride his bike without training wheels! Pops and I had been encouraging him to try for months, but he was very reluctant. Finally, Jason offered to buy him a new bike if he learned to ride without training wheels, within 3 minutes he was doing it.

He was even taking curbs and going up and down driveways within 10 minutes, it was amazing!I'm pretty sure that we were duped! He had just been holding out for a better offer, and you can bet that he had Jason at Walmart within 30 minutes! He's such a pro now that he rides standing up...just like his Pops.


Speaking of Walmart...in July, Xan, Xaid, and I were there grocery shopping. Xan was walking and I was pushing the cart with Xaidy in it. I turned the corner at the electronics department, and a loud BANG ensued. Immediately a Walmart employee came running toward me saying, "Are you OK?!" Confused, I looked around and saw Xander getting up off the ground next to the TV shelf. About a dozen Walmart employees looked on as I asked him what happened. He said, "I was walking with my eyes closed." OF COURSE! (He had walked straight into the TV shelf)


It seemed like a good idea at the time, but this nice little bruise that was left on his cheek proved otherwise. (Ignore the saliva dripping off of his chin....or don't, really doesn't matter I guess)

He's been up to all sorts of crazy shenanigans lately. He's really into the superhero bit, and took note of the fact that Superman wears his underwear on the outside of his clothes. Thank you Superman, without your total lack of fashion sense, we would have all missed out on this

So, a few things about this picture. Yes, he totally dressed himself. No, I'm not sure what that mustache consists of but would speculate that it is some sort of food. The fingers? Well, that definitely indicates that he is doing his "blazer eyes" at the camera....I can't believe you would even ask about that one :)


We also went on a camping trip in July with the cousins and Xander caught his first fish! I think that Jewell was more excited about Xan catching the fish than Xan was. It was a lot of fun to watch all the kiddos playing together. We're definitely going to have to make this an annual thing!

One of my favorite things about this video has nothing to do with the kids. It's actually Uncle Les and Uncle JR trying to manage the hooks. Listen to Uncle Les, he is very serious about this fishing business!



In other news, somewhere between my last post and now we decided to move. We have a contract on a house close to Jason's work and our house was only on the market for 3 days. So, now we are just waiting to close and do some renovations! Exciting stuff! At least I can blame some of my lack of keeping this blog updated on that....maybe not legitimately, but I'll do it anyway :)

Xanderisms:

Rubber bandit = Rubber band

Cheek butt = Butt cheek

Restroy = Destroy

Work-job = work or job

Oh, he also told his teacher yesterday that he was born to make mean faces....God made him that way....nice :)

No comments: