Although these accomplishments were taking place in our household this week, the joy was overshadowed by very saddening news. On Monday, we discovered that Daisy, who we've loved for seven and a half years has cancer that has spread throughout her abdominal cavity. Although she had her tumor removed in April, the lab misdiagnosed it as benign and we were unable to do anything more for her than make her last week with us as enjoyable for her as we possibly could with extra treats, short walks, playing Frisbee, a pedicure, a pretty collar, a shower (with Victoria's Secret body wash, of course), and about a pound of roast beef. Jason and Xander took her for her last walk yesterday, then Jason took her to the vet. While they walked, Jason talked with Xander about it. He told him that it would be the last walk that they would take Daisy on because it is time for her to go to Heaven to be with God. Xander had some concerns, the main one being that Daisy would need a little boy to play with and she would have to take her Frisbee. After his Pops assured him that she would definitely have a boy and her Frisbee, he gave her his last bite of bacon and a big hug. He came home and explained it all to me, we told her goodbye, and Jason took her. Xander asked about her throughout the day, wanting to know if we could go get her or when she'd come home, but never cried or seemed to get too upset about it until bedtime. He asked me when we would get her back, and I told him that she wasn't coming back, and God had decided it was time for her to play with Him in Heaven. Big mistake. I swear, it seems like I don't think at all before I talk sometimes! This made him mad at God and he said, "I'm never gonna say prayer(a)s again!" So, of course, Pops has to come in and smooth it over. He told him that God didn't decided to MAKE her go to Heaven, He just knows when it's time for her to go. So, they said prayers, and he asked God to make sure that Daisy had a man to take care of her and play Frisbee with her, a little boy to play with, a bag of animal crackers, and a wolverine suit, so she can be a superhero, too. His mind and his heart are so pure and precious and sweet. I am so grateful that Jason was there to talk with Xander about this, he puts such thought and care into his words. It seems like each day that I know the man, I see more of his brilliance.
Daisy was such a great girl. We are going to miss her uncontrollable tongue and wiggly little butt. It makes us sad that even though Xaiden received more french kisses from her than we could ever count, he will not remember her. It seems so strange around here without her; she was such an integral part of our lives. I hope that her little boy in Heaven is a Frisbee champion.

1 comment:
We are so sorry about Daisy. We enjoyed your pictures of her and cry with you today. Love, Uncle Marty and Aunt Jeannie
Post a Comment