Yesterday, Xander went into the dining room to start coloring on some superhero coloring pages while I finished printing some other ones. After I finished with my task, I came in to bring him the other pages. When I saw him, he was totally engrossed in his work, green marker in hand coloring away on the opposite arm. After a minute or two he noticed I was there, looked at me, and said, "I'm being the Hulk!" So, as any good mother would do, I helped him get his pants and socks off so that he could do it right :)
And yes, we did go to Wal-mart with this look (plus a shirt and shoes), but oddly enough, we seemed to fit right in.
Today at lunch, he was eating raisins and decided that putting one in his bellybutton was a good idea. I actually don't know why I never thought to do this; it seems quite logical. Then he tells me, "Let's pretend this is my belly turd." I asked, "Belly turd?" and he said, "Yes!" So, I cracked up for a little while and took a picture and didn't think too much more about it until dinner.
I had Xander tell his Poppa about what he put in his bellybutton. He told him and said it was his bellybutton turd like when he was a baby. Apparently, I had mistaken the word "cord" for "turd" and he didn't feel the need to correct me. Nice, huh? That made it even more hilarious to me. This is what we call around our house a "Xanderism." We have lots of them, like hanitizer = hand sanitizer, chicken tits = chicken sticks (breaded strips of chicken), and now bellybutton turd = umbilical cord. I like it.
He's just been on a roll lately. We had to brush his teeth an extra time today because he took a bite of a play-doh cookie. Now, I'll admit that I made the play-doh cookie, but I didn't encourage him to eat it. Okay, that was a lie, I totally talked him into it. It was quite funny. He took a bite, then gave me this big smile with blue play-doh all in his front teeth. Unfortunately, he started spitting profusely before I could get a picture, so I figured we should just go brush the play-doh out of his teeth instead.
Today I noticed that there was quite a bit of dried blood in his left ear, so I told him that I needed to clean it out. The last few days, even the idea of blood has brought him to tears. I wish I had thought of this before I mentioned that it was blood. Oh well, he was fussing at me, but for the most part letting me clean it. Everytime I'd put the Q-tip in his ear, he'd start telling me that it hurts SO BAD! So, I explained to him that his tubes were coming out of his ears and that Dr. Hall said that it shouldn't hurt. Once I told him this and that if it was hurting bad enough to cry then I needed to call Dr. Hall so he could go see him, he stopped crying. But he still seemed worried, so I talked to him more and discovered that he thought if his tubes come out it would make him smaller. I'm not sure what he thought the tubes do, but I sure wish I did.
A few days ago, Xaiden was hanging out wearing only his diaper. Xander walked up and started rubbing on Xaid's back. I said, "He's really soft, huh?" to which he responded, "and chewy?" After I stopped laughing, I told him that I wasn't sure, but he might be.
Xaiden has been quite busy lately as well. Now that he can crawl, pull up, and cruise, there is no stopping him! One of his favorite things to do is get his brother's toys and chew on them. This is very difficult for Xander to watch, but he's getting better about not just yanking them away from his brother. One of his favorite toys to chew on is a little alien guy from a Happy Meal. He held onto this puppy for the greater part of the day that he discovered it.
I'm not really sure what the draw is, perhaps it's the squishy legs, they appear to be very good for chewing. Maybe that's what Xan meant when he asked if his brother was chewy?
With his new sense of freedom and mobility (sounds like he's got a Hoveround, huh?) comes an appreciation for the taste of grass. Well, I don't know if appreciation is really a good word. He crawls off of his blanket into the grass, puts the grass into his mouth, gets mad about it, then puts more grass in his mouth, gets mad about it...I'm sure you can see where I'm going with it. This might be what one would call a love-hate relationship.
Tonight Pops did some big time throws with the boys. As I was going in to get my camera, I heard Xan making sure that Xaid got the same number of turns as himself. He is the self appointed fairness assurance manager. He does a great job. In fact, I'm pretty sure he'll be giving himself a promotion very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment