Up until Monday, Jason was the only person with which I'd seen him use this tactic. But on Monday Xaiden went on his first bike ride. He rode on the bike with Momma, and Xander rode his Spider-man bike. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of this momentus event, but I'm sure I'll be able to get one soon. He was pretty mad at me initially. He HATES getting his arms put in anything. When I say anything, I mean anything, clothes, carseats, jogging stroller, and as I discovered Monday, the bike seat is not an exception. It was quite a struggle because not only was he fighting me, he was up high, I was holding the bike up with my legs, trying to make sure he didn't fall, and trying to adjust the harness on the seat so that I was confident that he wouldn't escape once we got going. Needless to say, by the time I got him all strapped into the seat, I was doubtful that the experience was going to be a good one, but that didn't stop me! We were off, and after a couple of stops to readjust the straps, we both felt pretty good about the situation. He really enjoyed feeling the breeze on his little face and getting to look around at everything, the view is much better than that from the stroller. After we had been going for a bit, we saw two girls on the sidewalk, one on a Razor scooter that was probably 10 years old and one on a bike that was probably 6. He saw them and just started squawking and squealing. I think they were catcalls in baby language or something. The girls smiled, but ultimately Xaiden was unsuccessful at his first attempt to pick up chicks. Maybe he'll have better luck next time. I think his technique definitely needs some work.
Xaiden has been giving me a hard time over the past few days. He's been acting like he's hurting while he's nursing again, so I was concerned that his GERD was getting worse. He also hasn't been wanting his paci and has basically just been inconsolable when he's tired. A couple of days ago, he was playing with a toy and whacked himself in the mouth so hard that his gums started bleeding, then he just cried and cried. I felt bad for him and couldn't believe that he hit himself that hard. I discovered today that he in fact did not hit himself that hard, but he had another tooth coming through. I guess he decided to be Mr. Tough Guy and help it through more quickly. Perhaps he figured that it was about time, since he hadn't gotten one in four months. I wouldn't have done it that way personally, but at least he seems to be feeling better today.
Xander has been struggling through a few things lately. Initially, he thought that it was really cool that Xaiden could crawl. He realized, however, that Xaiden crawling means Xaiden grabbing Xander's toys whenever he wants. Now, Xander was very willing to share with Xaiden before he started crawling, but it was whatever toy HE chose to share and whenever HE decided he wanted to share. This is a whole new ball game. It is insane! Almost everytime he sees Xaiden with one of his toys, he either freaks out about it, or trades him out with another one. Even if it's a toy that he doesn't ever use. I'm not sure how long this is going to last. We gave him a box for his room to put a few toys that he's not willing to share, but it appears as though no box would be big enough! Surely this will soon pass....at least I hope so. Posing for a picture together must be a good sign, right?
Xander had his first day of preschool on Tuesday. He's known that he would be going and has been excited about it for quite some time, but on Sunday I told him that "day after tomorrow you get to go to school!" He was less than excited this time, in fact, he cried and told me that he didn't want to go. I explained that it wasn't tomorrow and that we would talk about it then. I was certain that the next day he would feel better about it and be excited to help me get his bag ready. His Poppa's old computer bag had broken, and he had gotten a new one, so Jason had me sew up his old bag so that Xan could have a bag just like Pops. Initially, when we started packing the bag, he was eager to help and told me that he needed some extra socks in addition to the other clothes that I had packed and ran to get them for me. When he came back and we got the clothes in the bag, he lost it. He started crying his little eyes out, and said that he didn't want to go to school, he didn't want to ride the school bus, he just wanted to stay home with Momma and Xaidy and didn't want to have any fun at all. He also said that he didn't want to stay the night there. I guess since we packed a change of clothes and a blanket, he thought that meant we were shipping him off for the night. Even after we explained that wasn't the case and that he wouldn't be riding the bus, he still just cried and cried and nothing we could say would ease his anxiety. I felt awful. Jason and I finally just told him that we love him and that he'll be safe, and we will talk about it in the morning. That night, I made him a tag for his bag that has a picture of Spider-man on it and says "Spider-Xan" underneath the picture. In the morning, when he saw that tag, he thought it was really cool...just not cool enough to make it ok to go to school. When it was time for him to get dressed, he asked, "Where are we going?" I told him that he was going to school, he explained once again that he didn't want to go, so I told him that we would talk about it after I got showered and dressed. While I was getting dressed, he came in the bathroom and asked, "Could you come home [after you take me to school] just for one minute? 'Cause I might have a little fun." I told him that I could, and he responded, "Can we go right now?!" That was a shocker, I could not believe it! I guess he just needed some time to come to terms with it. When we got there, all he could talk about was showing Fallon his bag and the tag on it. He would not let go of that bag, he had to hold it while he got in and out of the car and wouldn't hear of me helping him with it. When we got into his classroom, the teacher started to take it for him, and he jerked it back like he thought she was going to steal it or something. He only put it down when he thought he was going to get to go play basketball. It was the same story when I picked him up from school. I guess he thinks he's awfully big to be important enough to have his very own bag. It is too cute! He seemed to have a lot of fun at school and was already wanting to go back yesterday.
Last weekend Jason and Xander managed to destroy Xander's inflatable pool. They play this game where Jason throws Xan at the slide, he bounces off of it, then lands in the pool. Apparently, this is not an approved use because after a couple of weeks of this two big holes were ripped into the bottom of the pool...but not before they had a lot of fun with it. This looks like fun, right?
Xanderism #3: Rang around the Dangle = Ring around the Rosie
Xanderism #4: Retarded = Restarted (Used in a sentence: I get tired of getting myself retarded)

No comments:
Post a Comment