I've been keeping separate journals for the boys and writing them by hand, but I thought that this blog would be a good way to document our experiences so we can share them.
Xaiden hit a big milestone today by pulling himself up to standing using the rail on his crib. He was so proud of himself! Once he did this, he decided that he should try it with everything. He was successful using the side of his pool, but the bathtub was a little more elusive. I think he might have some other adjectives to describe the bathtub as he hit his head on it repeatedly, but he came out of the deal no worse for the wear. He's such a determined little stinker that I'm sure he'll just try again next time.
Xaid is also really close to crawling. He's getting around to where he wants to go, but it takes a LONG time. I don't think that I will be able to say that in a week, and I'm not sure that I'm ready to be chasing him around making sure that he doesn't put every one of his brother's pea-sized toy accessories into his mouth. This should be a real challenge, but at least I've got a week to prepare for it, although another year would be nicer.
Tomorrow we are off to Amarillo where we are going to meet LaLa and her friend Laura. We'll stay the night there, then Xander will get to go home with LaLa for a week. He is SO excited. He almost cried on Sunday when he found out that we couldn't go right then. So, everyday he's been checking the status of the wait time and asking if we can forego the wait and just leave right then. He's actually having a hard time getting to sleep right now because he's so excited. He's so funny. When I was putting him to bed tonight, I asked him if he knew how much I loved him. Of course he wanted to know, so I told him, "Bigger than the world." He responded, "I love you bigger than a monkey. No, bigger than the golf course!" After assuring him that was VERY big, I let him know that I loved him bigger than the universe. To which he replied that he loved me bigger than the moon and mucher than the uniforms. Can't beat that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment